Miscellaneous notes towards my 2015 Asialink residency in the Sundanese lands of West Java.
This project has been spun down and replaced by a newer shinier one. See lotekno.
Firstly, note that I have a bunch of sundry songs and remixes made in collaboration with various locals.
Here are some longer-term, more structured projects:
Ensemble Tikoro Collaboration
I am working with Ensemble Tikoro, under the direction of Robi Rusdiana. This is complicated enough to deserve its own page.
Working with crazy tunings
A software project for live electronic jamming that doesn’t assume western tuning. See Pattern Machine.
Karinding attack, Sundanese supergroup, including
- Kimung 666 / ᮊᮤᮙᮥᮀ |᮶᮶᮶|
- Okid / ᮇᮊᮤᮓ᮪
- Jimbot / ᮏᮤᮙ᮪ᮘᮧᮒ᮪
- Man Jasad / ᮙᮔ᮪ ᮏᮞᮓ᮪
- Abah Ugi / ᮃᮘᮂ ᮅᮌᮤ
- Ciung Wulung / ᮎᮤᮅᮀ ᮝᮥᮜᮥᮀ
- Satia Kulun / ᮞᮒᮤᮃ ᮊᮥᮜᮥᮔ᮪ Lingkung Seni Jipeng Pong Dut Kombinasi Satia Kulun Kasepuhan Cipta Gelar, or Satia Kulun, is a project of Bapak Am Soebali Ba and the village of Cipta Gelar.
- Kieran Ruffles/ᮊᮤᮈᮛᮔ᮪ ᮛᮥᮖᮨᮜ᮪ᮞ᮪
- Miriam Lyons/ᮙᮤᮛᮤᮃᮙ᮪ ᮜᮡᮧᮔ᮪ᮞ᮪
Common Room Gang
…and other friends of the Common Room
- Gustaff H Iskandar
Interesting locals I haven’t had time to work with
- Jendela Ide.
- Bottle smoker
- Burger Kill
- Trippy Sama
- Trah project
- Across the sea, but not so far: syntfarm
No comments yet. Why not leave one?