How to solve mathematical problems, various sources.
- tricki, the mathematical trick wiki
- What would Terry do?
- How would John generalise what you are doing?
- What would Cosma be snarky about you not doing?
- Dan Rockmore advocates going for a jog/pumping iron.
Personal favourite tricks:
- Differentiate matrices.
- Use inequalities, especially probabilistic inequalities.
- Notebook of misc useful formulae.
See also various learning hacks, most saliently Edward Kmett, Learning to Learn.
See teaching maths and statistics.
No comments yet. Why not leave one?