See the API list
Sort of easy, but there is a tedious need to define the call signature at call time. Survivable.
This package provides an interface from R to Julia, based on the XR structure, as implemented in the XR package, in this repository.
RCall embeds R into julia, which is weird and not quite what I need to appeal to R users.
OTOH JuliaCall, which embed Julia in R, might be the goods.
The names are nearly all self explaining
- Matlab? mat.jl
- ProtoBuf.jl does, amazingly, ProtoBuf
- FlatBuffers (like Protobuf but fast, no copying/unpacking)
- Feather.jl (access to the Apache Arrow format used to exchange dataframes)
- Rdata.jl does R
- NetCDF and NCDatasets both provide access to NetCDF.
- HDF5.jl - see also JLD2.jl which writes a simple HDF5 subset.
- MsgPack.jl (MsgPack is a binary JSON competitor made famous by zerorpc)
- Query.jl provides a LINQ-type query interface to pretty much all the data sources you can imagine anyone having bothered to implement — including ODE solvers (⁉️) and various databases.
- BigArrays.jl provides an array interface over databases, seemingly targeting out-of-memory mathematics
simple enough, as I note at (julia plotting](./plotting_in_julia.html#svg-latex):
run(`inkscape -D -z --file=image.svg --export-pdf=image.pdf --export-latex`)
I should make an example of one which creates a temporary pipe and streams data to it.