MATLAB; A programming language designed for heavy numerical computation, but variably well designed for that.
Like R, it is a mess, as a programming language. Like R, it is powerful. Unlike R, it is expensive.
Unless you have compelling reasons, you should probably just be using julia which is free and faster in my experience, and looks very similar.
- MATLAB style guide
- Neil Lawrences’s matlab sweave hacks
- Marking up MATLAB comments for publishing
- Pythonista? See numpy for MATLAB users for a translation guide.
- alternatively: Vidar Bronken Gundersen, Thesaurus of Mathematical Languages, or MATLAB synonymous commands in Python/NumPy
- using MATLAB in a real application (i.e. one with tenable UI and OS integration) is apparently supported: MATLAB for Java and .NET.