A grab-bag of links about making data visually comprehensible. For now this is mostly a lift of people I want to link to, but I might also share some insight into good communicative graphic design if, heaven forfend, I end up needing to pretend to be a graphic designer in some dire strait. A weird corner of this discipline is the specialisation, data dashboards, which appeals to executives and thus has money in it, so has its own notebook.
- cxli233/FriendsDontLetFriends: Friends don't let friends make certain types of data visualization - What are they and why are they bad.
- Data cuisine visualises statistics via Michelin-star-lookin’ food
- A tour through the visualisation zoo
- rawgraphs unifies a lot of hip ideas about graphing in a web context.
- Mitchell Whitelaw is a practitioner and also a critic of this area.
- Small multiples is a fun agency in Sydney doing visualisations of intriguing data sets.
- Miriam Quick.
- Omid Kashan
- David McCandless founder of …
- Information is Beautiful is a classic blog of datavis project
- FlowingData likewise blogs tasty links in this area.
- The works of data visualisation granddaddy, French engineer Charles-Joseph Minard, are online.