A grab-bag of links about making data visually comprehensible. For now this is mostly a link to people I want to link to, but I might also share some insight into good communicative graphic design. A weird and popular corner of this discipline is the specialisation, data dashboards, because it appeals to executives.
- A tour through the visualisation zoo
- Mitchell Whitelaw is a practitioner and also a critic of this area.
- Small multiples is a fun agency in Sydney doing visualisations of intriguing data sets.
- Miriam Quick.
- Omid Kashan
- David McCandless founder of …
- Information is Beautiful is a classic blog of datavis project
- FlowingData likewise blogs tasty links in this area.
- rawgraphs unifies a lot of hip ideas about graphing in a web context.