Quantified self for genes and blood (etc) chemistry. Personalised preventative medicine etc.
Frank Harrell, How to Do Bad Biomarker Research
Biomarker Uncertainty Principle: A molecular signature derived from high-dimensional data can be either parsimonious or predictive, but not both.
We have more data than ever, more good data than ever, a lower proportion of data that are good, a lack of strategic thinking about what data are needed to answer questions of interest, sub-optimal analysis of data, and an occasional tendency to do research that should not be done.
- markwk/awesome-biomarkers: Curated List of Biomarkers, Blood Tests, and Blood Tracking
- Iron deficiencies are very bad and you should treat them
- Does Metformin Work as an Anti-Aging Drug?
- If you’re diabetic, don’t wait for your smartwatch to replace your needles - The Verge
- Blood oxygen monitors face scrutiny from FDA panel - The Verge