The goal-oriented version of DIY socials.
I do not want google docs knowing everything about me, but I want to work with my peers. What are my alternatives for collaborative document editing, collaborative equation formatting, collaborative project management?
Psychologoy, sociology, other theory
See online collaboration.
- Stackoverflow teams support mathematical markup
- toeverything/AFFiNE: There can be more than Notion and Miro. AFFiNE is a next-gen knowledge base that brings planning, sorting and creating all together. Privacy first, open-source, customizable and ready to use.
- AFFiNE - All In One Workos
Some of the most important features are:
- Every block can be transformed equally
- e.g. you can create a todo in Markdown in the text view and then later edit it in the kanban view.
- Every document can be turned into a whiteboard
- An always good-to-read, structured docs-form page is the best for your notes, but a boundless doodle surface is better for collaboration and creativity.
- The basic elements of AFFiNE are blocks, not pages.
- Blocks can be directly reused and synced between pages.
- Pages and blocks are searched and organized based on connected graphs, not tree-like paths.
- Dual-link and semantic search are fully supported.
- Collaborative and privacy-first
- Data is always stored locally by default
- CRDTs are applied so that peer-to-peer collaboration is possible
I should raid one of the alternatives lists and compare the options there. Notion and Nuclino are famous in this realm.
If you absolutely must work on an MS word doc, you could try simuldocs, which is a realtime microsoft collaborative editor.
See online whiteboards.
Here are some untested online tools that promise realtime code collaboration.
Live share for VS code is the thing I am currently auditioning. It converts VS Code into a real time collaboration environment It can even run a webserver version of VS code, so your collaborators do not need to install VS Code. Caveat: does not yet support jupyter notebooks.
Floobits: Commercial. Supports Sublime text, Atom, Neovim, Emacs, IntelliJ Idea USD15/month for 5 …somethings. Projects? Users?
plutoview is collaborative web-surfing.