The converse to voice fakes: generating text from speech. a.k. speech-to-text.
Speaking as a realtime interactive textual input method. See following roundups of dictation apps to start:
Here are some options culled from those lists and elsewhere of vague relevence to me
Handy if you have a recording and you want to make it into a text thing.
- producthunt transcription options
- rev transcription is a human-powered service (USD1.25/minute)
- Vatis tech is AI-backed? USD10/hr. Output to video subtitles and identifies different speakers.
- Audioburst offers transcription as part of their podcast service. The price is a mystery.
- Tony door aims to do meeting-specific transcription. AI. 4hr/month free, thereafter USD25/month for uup to 40hr.
- descript aims to integrate editing with transcription and in particular seems to allow editing audio via editing the transcription via voice fake technology. Weaponised social media deep fake here we come. USD 10/month for 10hr/month
- The all-manual option: Type it yourself.