On the particular online co-working needs of mathematicians.
- Yvonne Lai, Ray Levy, Help! I need to teach my course online and I’ve never done this before.
- Terry Tao’s blog post attracts some interesting commenters making suggestions.
- Doing maths on the internet » Heidelberg Laureate Forums
samjshah does a high school mathematics teaching roundup.
Which gizmos do I need? Sebastian Rieck describes an omnibus setup that looks low-fuss and reasonably affordable: A Simple and Cheap Recording Setup for Online Lecturing. Includes tips for all the part, e.g. microphone, video lighting, tripod…
For bad internet
Richard Wong suggests how to record things for the bandwidthistically challenged, which realistically includes many students and some teachers. Teaching in the Time of Coronavirus, Part I, notes the importance of managing this by
- posting your lecture notes online
- making lecture slides (and posting them online)
- recording your lecture.
See online whiteboards for various freehand options.
Drawing input devices
See stylus input.
Math-friendly messaging apps
Not all the chat software supports mathematics.