Theory of fashion
Models of fashions (as opposed to fashion models):
These can probably be considered as innovation diffusion models.
Political economy of fashion
The good cheap stuff comes from Indonesia, but indonesia is a closed economy.
- Jadi Batek is a Malaysian one with pretty sweet designs although suspect cuts.
See also Indonesian e-commerce.
I am interested in collared shirts with australian designs where the money goes to the artist in a fair way.
My current hero is GTiesByRebelCaller. I have many of his creations.
Vendors of antiquated men’s fashion.
- Get The Look - The Countryman
- Plus Fours and Breeks | Fogey Unlimited (UK)
- newfanglednatty (UK)
- Men’s Tweed Boots by Walker Slater OMG so handsome
- Men’s Tweed Waistcoats & Linen Waistcoats by Walker Slater
- Mens British Vintage Clothing —Savvy Row
- Men’s Waistcoats—Vintage & Designer—Tweedmans
- Moleskin Waistcoats for Men - Peter Christian
Misc items of desire
Care of my fabrics
I keep my clothing smelling fresh with Zeroda High Performance Sports Wash, which seems both cheap and effective.
I use Nanoman Water proofing spray for fabrics. It is weirdly cheaper from Amazon than direct from their store.
IMO the best facial shave is from a classic single-blade razor. The next one I try might be Henson Shaving, which looks like it has a nice blade angle; It seems a little overpriced for an incremental design improvement TBH.
When I am busy, I use an electric shaver. The Philips OneBlade is a adequate compromise; it is compact, travels well and can handle various parts of the body other than the face. The replacement blades are very expensive, though, and last a laughably short time.