Our indifferent wire mother, the Great Society is not a warm place real humans, not in general. We, or at least, I, prefer to live somewhere with a warm fuzzy veneer in the form of and a sense of place.
Blessings, then, to the queer community of Sydney, the highly stalwart creators of weird, interesting, compelling and supportive local communities that I would otherwise need to join an organised religion to access.
In recent western history
- Meet the Winners of Drag Race 100 Years Ago
- Absolutely Flawless: A History of Drag in New York
- Cross dressing ball
IMO one of the crowning achievements of the human species.
- 20 Tracks That Defined the Sound of Ballroom
- Red Bull Music Academy Daily, Key Tracks: “The Ha Dance”
- Red Bull Music Academy Daily, Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Vogue and Ballroom